Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Yes, it is. Wow! The temperature is just the way I like it. Low 70s. I have all the windows open and I spent the whole morning on the porch, much of the time stewing over how dirty it is. The cleaning of it will be a project tomorrow for Tamara. I'll be glad to have part of spring house cleaning finished. It's a big room, 200 square feet.

I talked to Alan today and he said I could get a new bed headboard and foot board, and, of course, a new mattress. We really need a new one. I'm for a wide, high mattress. I think he'll go along with that because it sure does make getting out of bed more easy. Getting into bed? Not so much, but the one benefit outweighs the other.

Alan and I went out again today. He wanted to get his watch fixed and get batteries for his dead watches. I had a couple of those as well, so he went into the jewelry store with 6 watches that needed batteries. I waited in the car and read about 20 pages in the book I'm reading now.

Then we went over to Jersey Mikes and got subs for supper. They're in the fridge waiting for us to get hungry.

After that we went to Graeters and got ice-cream cones. Cost? $6 and change. A far cry from the 10-cent, then 25 cent cones I used to get in Runnemede. I wonder what cone costs now down at Joe's. I wonder if Joe's is still there?

We're home now and we had a good conversational visit with each other. It's hard to get Alan to talk about anything, most of the time. Right now, he's into the NCAA playoffs and I have to listen to him describe each game. I'm not really interested, but I try not to let me eyes glaze over as he recounts each game.

So, that's it. No cooking tonight! And cleaning and personal shopping tomorrow, so I've got to get a list ready.

Gotta run and get the first load out of the drier and put another load in.

ttfn

No comments: