Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturdays, blah!


I'm really beginning to dislike Saturdays like I used to. Not because it's the only day in the week in which I have to clean and do laundry, as it was during my working years, but because, oh, I don't know why.


It just seems that it's gotten to be a do-nothing-day. This is how my day went:


Got up around 8:30

Got something to drink with my pills

Went downstairs and got the NYT so I could do the crossword puzzle. Yes, we're still getting it, and the pile is almost to the ceiling of unread NYTs. Doesn't anything ever get thrown away around here?

Worked and worked and worked the NYT crossword puzzle, but didn't figure it out at all.

Went into my office and started up the computer.

I scanned a few pictures in today. I found that I can actually scan a whole album page and then just cut and snip and save only the part of the page I'm interested in. Today, I saved the picture at the top -- my brother in his favorite toy of all time, the fire engine.

Around 1:30 I realized I hadn't fed Alan all day, so I got up and got him something.

Then I came back to my computer and scanned a few more pictures.

My back started to hurt so I layed down and almost fell asleep.

Then I decided in order to stay awake, I needed to finish the book I was reading.

About 5:30 I realized I had better get something on for dinner.

At 5:45 Alan needed me to tell him what I spent money on in 2008 (like I can't even remember what I spent this morning, and he expects I will remember back on January 16, 2008, I spent $49.41 at the Dollar Tree and remember what I bought? Didn't happen.

At 6:30 I excused myself from Alan's presence and got the food out of the over before it burned.

At 6:45 we sat down to dinner.

At 7:15 I went back into our bedroom and laid down and watched TV, nothing mind stimulating that's for sure, mostly HGTV.

At 10:00 I decided enough was enough and came back to my computer. Which is where I am now.
So now I'm finishing today's diary entry with this: I love that picture of my brother Mark. Was he three or four? I'm not sure. He rode that thing up and down the street (on the sidewalk) for hours the day he got that. That's our house in the background. Such a tiny house with 4 children and 2 adults, and only 1 bathroom, but we survived and never new that people had more than one bathroom, except for Aunt Annie, who we thought was the richest of us all.
Health today is on the rise, still stumbling a bit, but not so much as yesterday, Yeah. Praise the Lord for that blessing.
ttfh



3 comments:

Amy said...

I don't like Saturdays much either. Back when I was working for money, I loved the weekends. But now, I kindof dread the weekends because everyone is around then and the house gets totally wrecked. I love my family and spending time with them on weekends, but I also love Monday when everyone goes back to school and work!

Judi Hahn said...

We need to have another one of our Saturday lunches. What do you say? Are you up for that?

Amy said...

I am absolutely up for that whenever you are!