Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday

It always amazes me when I can stand up and not feel any pain in my knees. Pain is a constant with me. So, "Why," you ask was there no pain today? I don't know but after an evening (Sunday) and overnight of severe sciatic pain, and not taking anything to relieve it, because I didn't want to start any steroidal treatment, I was looking forward to a really bad day. But it didn't happen. I stood up this a.m. and there was no pain. I can't explain it. And all day today I've been surprised every time I get up from a chair to find that I can walk easily. Amazing!

Alan had an eye appointment today. He had the last remaining stitches removed (in his eye) and was bummed because he wasn't given an eye exam so he could get his final pair of glasses. Apparently, he has to wait for four weeks (a month) for the cornea to finally rest without the stitches so they can get an accurate reading. So, he has to wait AGAIN to get his eyes well enough so he can drive. I really don't think fixing the eyes is going to improve his driving any. His reflexes are so slow in any given situation that he can't react to any emergency or near emergency. So, I pray he doesn't mind my continually driving him places. It give me something to do and we usually go out to eat either prior to or immediately after his appointments. I like that!

Tomorrow we will be going to Lowe's to get some hardware supplies. I'm going to just look. We have a couple of other stops to go to as well, and so we will have a little "date" tomorrow.

Cyndi's baby has been put off until Wednesday. I'm sure she told me Monday, but apparently I misunderstood. She's going to be induced on Wednesday unless the Lord intervenes before then.

Well, that's it for this day. I'm going to bed now. Psyching myself up for doing laundry and running errands tomorrow.

ttfn

No comments: