Sunday, March 29, 2009

I've been remiss

Sorry about that, but last week was a bad week, physically. for me. I had a flare up from fibromyalgia, and now it's getting to be like it used to be with migraines -- the least little twinge and I think I'm down for the count, which is fear and fear is causing a lot of my difficulties, I realize.

Like Friday, I was fine, went to the store, hobbled home (yes, hobbled -- forgot my cane) and was fine. We were having a weekend guest, so I had to get ready for that. I did very little. I changed the sheets and washed the pillow cases -- all of them -- that are on the day bed, and that room was as ready as it was going to be. You see, that's my office, so you can imagine. I made a path in the center so our guest would have room to walk around a little. I then cleaned the guest bath. Fortunately, my bi-weekly cleaner had done a good job on the tub and shower, so I let that go. And on Friday night I was fine.

On Saturday we celebrated Ellie's 2nd birthday with a party and a great cake from Servati's. It was one of the best bakery cakes I've tasted in ages. Cyndi just didn't have time, nor did she feel up to baking a cake. After all, Jack's only a week old. Ellie received several gifts from mom and dad, one being a doll house. It's a really nice doll house, not too much unlike the one I had as a child and saved for my girls, and then when we moved I suppose I threw it away. I don't know what happened to it. But my dollhouse was made of wood and metal. Ellie's is all plastic made to look like wood and metal. She absolutely loved it and who cares what else she got (a dolly diaper bag, a dolly car seat -- she loves Jack's and wants to sleep in it!) all she played with was the doll house. We left as she was going down for her nap. It was a great party.

We got home shortly before our guest arrived. I was hurting really bad. So, I made lunch and he arrived just in time for lunch, and after I cleaned up for that, I went to bed and left him in the hands of Alan, whom he came to see anyway. I figured it was back and I was not happy. But, when I got up and made spaghetti sauce/gravy with sausage, I was a little better. I just put two links of Italian mild sausage in the pan for flavor, and we ate the sausage with gravy on buns for dinner.

Today is Sunday and I feel okay. My knees hurt all night, so I didn't really sleep well. But I'm moving today -- not normally, but at least I'm moving and I don't have that burning, muscle aching, bone throbbing pain I get when I'm in fibro flare up.

So God has given me another good day. I have so many pictures that I took yesterday of our lasted blessing from Him -- Jack. He slept the whole time, through all the noise in the arms of Grinnie, Sr. That's his great grandmother, Vivian Kuhlman. What a sweet lady. Unfortunately she will probably not remember much of the party today or tomorrow or after that. But she seems to be enjoying herself yesterday.

Only a few more weeks and our home will be occupied by our house sitters and we'll be on our way to the Caribbean. I thank God each year that he provides someone who wants to house sit and I don't have to pay them to do it. It gives me a sense of security when we're away.

Well, I'm off to do something else now -- like the Sunday NYT crossword -- yeah, right!

ttfn

No comments: