Monday, March 9, 2009

Driver's license

Well today I went and got my driver's license renewed. The price doubled since the last time I did that -- it was $21.00. The picture is really good, too. I don't mind the process of getting a new license. In Kentucky you don't have to get a vision test or take any other kind of test. You just walk in, give them your old license and twenty-one bucks, and they take your picture, and in a minute you have a new laminated license which will be renewed in 2013.

At the same time I was getting my license renewed, Alan was registering the two cars. The taxes on the two vehicles are horrendous in Kentucky. To register the two cars we had to pay to the state of Kentucky -- or is it commonwealth? -- $465. Isn't that awful?

In KY they value your car according to the Blue Book, then they tax it accordingly. It's always a shock when we have to pay up each year.

I'm really enjoying the LIGHT at NIGHT. We had a neat storm yesterday -- all rain, little thunder. But the rain was like a bucket was poured over our little community. I couldn't even see the clubhouse. It only lasted a few minutes, but boy did it rain!

So tonight, I'll enjoy the light until around 7:30 p.m. I don't mind the lack of light in the morning because I'm usually in bed, although lately for some reason I've been getting up early -- like at 7:00 a.m. I don't know why that is. But I don't mind getting up in the dark, and I don't know why that is either.

I'm rambling, dear diary/journal, and I'm going to stop writing now. Well, in a minute. I must add that my little brother called me on Saturday and it was so nice to talk to him again. I really need to remind myself to call him more often. I keep in touch with his children via Facebook, but he's not computer literate, so the only contact I can have with him is by telephone. Same with my other brother. What's up with that? Both brothers couldn't care less about learning how to operate a computer, get e-mail, or use the Web. Oh, well. I guess they are just too old to learn new tricks.

ttfn.

No comments: