Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Miscellaneous -- journal entry

Alan and I are getting ready to head south for a few days, and getting ready to do that is becoming stressful. I don't know why.

I do know that going to the pool every other day, and sometimes more often than that, is time consuming and tiring. And, yes, I know, it's supposed to be tiring. But getting in the car and driving to the Sports Center is a nuisance. Wish I had a hottub on my porch.

And going to the mail box every day -- usually we go every other day -- but lately because of the influx of Christmas catalogs we've been going every day because the box gets too full if we miss a day at this time of the year. Not that going to the mail box is stressful, because it isn't, but deciding which catalog to keep, now that's stressful! And then deciding what to buy and what not to buy, that's expensive (and stressful).

I have been loving this weather -- cool evenings (bordering on cold), not so hot days (coolish, but not cold), a wonderful time to relax on the sun porch, watching the trees change. It seemed the day we had rain, that the tree outside the library window was changing color minute by minute. That was not the case, of course, but it was fun to pretend.

I don't like that it's dark and getting darker so many more minutes each day. I don't like the dark of winter. So, I am getting a bunch of yellow frew-frews to brighten up the place on those dull, cloudy, grey fall/winter days. The only thing good about winter is snow. Cold is nicer than heat, but snow is pretty and I really don't mind driving in it. Hate the ice, though.

I'm walking better -- less like a baby learning to walk, holding my hands out to my sides to maintain my balance, and more like an adult. It's still difficult from time to time because my right knee wants to lock up and then snap back into place. It doesn't really hurt, but the sound it makes is scary. And the fear of falling is more prevalent when the knee does that. Falling is NOT good. I mean, I have enough padding so that breakage is probably not a problem, but getting up is next to impossible. I am getting better at that, as well.

I am still climbing the steps every day, and getting better at that as well. Still not brave enough to try climbing without holding onto the railing, which means I have aid in getting up the steps. So, when I face a stair step that has no railing, I panic because I know my right knee won't support my weight, and my left knee will hurt.

And, there's the problem I have when I get out of the pool. Although with Alan's help, the pain is avoided. I cannot do it by myself. The step is too steep, and there is a railing.

Furthermore, I'm spending more time on my imaginary knees praying for the upcoming election. It doesn't matter at this point whether the house and senate changes over. The taxes remaining at 2000 levels is not gonna happen. When that sunsets, we're all -- even those of us who don't make anywhere near $250K, will have higher federal taxes. I'm bummed because an income of $40K will net a new tax (higher than currently) of $4,000.

So, no new taxes on the non-rich? That's a lie. Makes me so angry the lies that are bandied about from the Beltway.

Melissa did a great job on my hair. Just a trim, but the style is looking good. I want to get my hair all at one level, since it's straightening out, I would love to have a bob. Never had straight hair before, so the lack of curl is something I'm really enjoying. We figure it has something to do with my medicines. There doesn't seem to be any other reason for the new straight hair.

And I bought Crabtree and Evelyn's body building shampoo, and my hair is really getting thicker. Nice.

Well, gotta go now. That's ttfn, and remember this is a personal journal entry just to keep me informed on what happened on this day in my history. I know I'll forget it tomorrow. LOL

No comments: