Monday, September 27, 2010

Bummer

A couple of things that I recently experienced.

First, I have a lot of trouble getting out of the pool at the sports club where we signed up so we could get our pool exercise during the winter. It's a great facility. Three pools. One is heated the others are not.

I find I have no trouble getting in and out of the unheated pool, but I'm not really fond of swimming in cool water. The heated pool is lovely, and I can swim very well and not be chilled in that pool. The trouble is...I can't get out of the darned thing. My knees while working well for walking still aren't working well (they hurt bad) for climbing anything higher than a stair step. And this step up is certain higher than a stair step. I have no trouble getting down into the pool, though. Just out.

So, after several attempts, Alan had to help me out, and boy did that hurt. So I decided I wasn't going to go swimming any more. But, I am. I have to. I'm getting so fat.

Question: How does one get fat on salads. I use no dressing, just lemon juice. And since June that's all I've been eating, except for chips and salsa, and I count the chips.

Hmmmm. Must be all those cherries I'm eating. So, again, I find a cure to pain, and it makes me fatter.

Also, after months of little to mostly no pain from fibromyalgia, I went through two days of extreme pain. I cried a lot thinking, oh no, not again. But today (Monday) I'm fine again.

Did anyone else besides me see Hallmark's program on Sunday night, Hachi: A dog's tale? Oh my goodness. I started crying half-way through the movie and couldn't stop. I mean I wasn't just dropping a few tears, I was crying out loud, sobbing actually. It was such a sad, yet, beautiful movie. If you didn't see it, and it if comes on again, watch it. It's a good, clean movie. Just be prepared with a box of Kleenexes.

Well, that's ttfn. I'll be back.

No comments: