Friday, September 3, 2010

Friends


Yesterday, I invited a friend of mine, a young lady I worked with at Answers in Genesis to go swimming at our community pool, and to stay for lunch. She brought her young son with her. Stacia and Kieran (pictures above) went swimming with Alan and me for a while, then we went back to the house for me for lunch. I enjoyed the conversation at the table, and especially loved watching Kieran.




And I have to say, that all the standing and working on getting lunch on the table was a wonderful experience for me. An experience I haven't enjoyed for several years. Not that I haven't had anyone to lunch for several years. You see, the experience, was that I had no pain in my knees or legs, or back, from 7 a.m. until 1:30 a.m., at which time I rested and read part of a book.




So, folks, I have to admit that the cherries are working for me. I shall continue taking them, praying daily that eating cherries is God's answer to the prayer I've had for almost 20 years.





I had no pain at all ALL DAY YESTERDAY, not just when I was very active. Even in the evening, which is really my worse time of the time, no pain.




You all can't imagine what it's like to be pain free. I wait for the pain, expect the pain, think the pain is going to be there, brace myself for the pain, and it isn't there.




What next? Do I take up salsa dancing? Hip hop? Or do I just enjoy being able to go shopping in a real store instead of on line? Maybe enjoy an evening out with Alan at the symphony?




Alan, too, is doing so well. He, too, is eating cherries. Not because he needs to, he just likes cherries.




ttfn

3 comments:

Lori said...

That's fantastic news!!! Go cherries!

The Lady of the Holler said...

So glsd you're feeling so well, Jude! It was great seeing you--thanks for the yummy salad and sandwiches!

Amy said...

I am so thrilled that you aren't having any more pain!! Praise God!