Monday, September 20, 2010

Another week has passed

Wow. I didn't realize I hadn't written for a whole week. It's not because I live such a mundane life (which I do). It's because I have had such a busy time.

My dear granddaughter, Rosie, came to spend a couple of days, and we had an absolute blast. Of course, we went shopping. I can't have my grandchildren around without buying them something. At least it seems that way.

Actually, it was her birthday lunch time -- because I'll be on vacation during her actual birth date -- and I had to get her a birthday gift.

I found these great books for 'tweens. They are by Nancy Rue. Actually, all her books are good for that age, going into the teenage years. She writes for Zondervan. The books are about girls. She has a Lucy series, a Sophie series, and a couple more girlie series which I haven't read yet. Kindle has had a few of her books in those series free, so it was a good test for me. And, of course, I got hooked, and had to read the whole series of 12 books on Sophie. The series is about how this 10/11/12-year old girl copes with the "problems" faced by girls that age. So, I got Rosie a few of the books in this series. She had completed the first one before the weekend was over even though we had a very busy weekend.

Most of the time she spent in the very cold swimming pool. I don't know how she could stand it, and she didn't turn blue. I guess all that actual swimming warmed her up. She loved it.

Of course, the pool closing party was this weekend. No cake walk this year. But the food was great, and Rosie won the prize for the last person in the pool. Her prize? Her picture will be in the community paper. She also won one game of bingo. That prize was $5. That made her very happy.

She had a wonderful time playing dress-up. My girly dress-up collection seems to be expanding and the girls enjoy playing with the clothes.

She was such a help to me this time. I told her I wanted her to live with me. We had a really good time, and even Alan got in on it. He played games -- yes, games, plural -- with her for hours. And, he didn't fade, which he has in the past. So that's another indication that he's improving. Praise God!

Today, Monday, we went down to the sports club we joined and went swimming. However, I couldn't get out of the pool with help -- the top step is really too steep, and I ripped my knee again. It's doing better. Ice helped. And, Alan lost his wallet, so we had to cancel all our credit cards, which he did as soon as we got home. Since he didn't have any money in the wallet, other than the hassle of getting a new medicare card, a new license, new credit cards, etc., it wasn't a great loss.

That's it for this episode of "Life in the slow lane."

ttfn

No comments: