Saturday, September 24, 2011

Issues

Well, Alan and I have ALMOST finished our quarterly round of doctors' appointments. I finally got a cortisone shot in my knee and it has helped quit a bit, but the handwriting is definitely on the wall.

I finally found a surgeon (sports medicine surgeon) would has no problem with doing a total knee replacement on my right knee even though my weight is as it is. He would like me to lose some weight, but after Weight Watchers, Atkins, Jenny Craig, etc., and nothing working, including eating only one honeymoon salad a day with lemon squeezed on it for dressing, for a month, and still not losing weight, I don't think any weight loss is going to happen.

I am scheduled to reappear in his office after Christmas for another pep-talk and scheduling date for the surgery. Can't wait for that to happen -- NOT.

Anyway, I have other issues which I will not divulge yet, at least not until I see one more doctor -- that's coming up on Monday. Alan also has been referred to another doctor by his oncologist, because what's wrong is probably not a cancer problem, but his GP can order the tests for checking it out.

Now, family and friends, don't start worrying. It's just another bump in the world of aging and we're riding over these bumps like all the other ones.

We may not like them, but we tolerate them.

Alan and I actually got to church together for the first time in ages tonight. It was a real blessing to be back. I have to amend the first statement, we DID get to church in NJ -- we went to church in Runnemede, and I have to say, that little church is still my favorite. Not many folks that I know, or knew, are left there, but Alan and I are always received like best friends whenever we go back there.

So, stay tuned, more to follow after our Monday appointments.

ttfn

No comments: