Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving/Christmas

Well, Thanksgiving is over and Alan and I enjoyed a great meal with our friend, Tamara. We had a feast, actually. All of us ate too much, I think.

I had baked three pies. And the apple pie was the best received. We all had a piece for dinner on Thanksgiving, and then Alan and I enjoyed it for another meal. That left one rather large piece. Alan ate the whole thing. Didn't even ask if I wanted a bite, which I did, of course. It was a really, really good apple pie. And, I don't brag about my baking abilities, because they aren't good, I'll readily admit that. But that pie, was really, really good.

So, now that you know that the pie was really, really good, you should know that all my snowmen are out. We had out "first snow" -- it was just a little dusting -- on Thanksgiving night into the early morning. I saw the flakes coming down around 11:30 p.m. and it was snowing quite heavily at that time, but it was still warm on the ground, I suppose, since it had been almost 60 degrees earlier in the day.

I admit that having my snowmen all around the house is a tradition for me, and I love those little rascals. I have skiing snowmen, skating snowmen, fluffy snowmen, skinny snowmen. I could go on. However, one of the boxes is missing. It has to be, because I know I didn't get rid of 35 snowmen over the course of the year. I don't give away my snowmen.

Sort of like Toy Story 3 -- they get put in the attic, but I, unlike the boy in TS3 do NOT give them away.

Finally, it's Monday, almost December, and I can't believe it's almost the end of another year. Where did the time this year go? Seems like it was just Christmas a few weeks ago, yet our last vacation seems to have disappeared ages ago, and that was a little over a month ago.

I think the highlight of this year will be our great return to Runnemede in May. What a blast that was. I wonder what will be the best thing for next year. All the days are good, because they are God-given.

I have read my daily BLOGs, after four days of being off-line. And, I have almost all my Christmas decorations up, as have those BLOGgers whose BLOGs I read. It must have been one of those weekend when we all did the same thing. Except...I did NOT go to any stores the entire weekend.

Hope you shoppers had fun freezing in line to get a few items at good prices. Not my cup of tea any more. I used to do that when we lived in New York City and I would go to the Macy's annual white sale. Now that was a "take your life in your hands" sale. Never again will I do that. At my age, I fear falling, and I just know that someone would bump into me and I'd be on the ground waiting for the paramedics to come pick me up. From past experience I know that it takes two strong men to get me up off the ground if I can't do it myself. And mostly I can't.

Do I need one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" necklaces? Probably.

ttfn

No comments: