Monday, November 15, 2010

I don't know what I'd do without...

This is Becky. Wonderful daughter number 1.
I have a wonderful daughter. I actually have two wonderful daughters, but I just want to talk about one of them today. She is helpful, kind, considerate, merciful, and a servant at heart. We went out to spend the day with her and her family yesterday (Sunday) and had a wonderful time. Becky is a beautiful woman and I think she gets prettier the older she gets. She also has an inner God-given beauty that can't be duplicated.

Her daughters, Grace and Annie are also beautiful girls and they get more and more beautiful each time I see them. Dan is going to be a very handsome man, just like his daddy.

Dan and Alan and Quinn (Beck's husband) played a game while I retaught Annie how to knit and Grace played the guitar for me. She is getting very good on that instrument. She was too shy to sing, which she does in church. She has a really nice voice.

Then, I must continue with I don't know what I'd do without my personal assistant. We've been on a cleaning/purging/organizing binge and she doesn't nag about throwing things away, but I think secretly she is praying about items as they pass before me and Alan, that we'll get rid of them.

I have ditched so many things I haven't used for years, and my rooms and closets are getting so organized. I love it. Alan has even given up several items from the garage, if you can believe that. He says the car fits in the garage, you just cant get out of it. So, more purging will be required of him in the days to come. We are determined to get the car into the garage before the first real snow.

So, as Christmas approaches and I have Christmas central disrupting my office, I am still so very pleased with what we have accomplished in the past few weeks.

And I so appreciate my PA's assistance (Tamara is her name). She's such an uplifter. She can cheer me up if I'm hurting just by her attitude -- always positive. I love it.

Thanks to all for your prayers for Alan and me and our health problems. We are working to improve, but realize it's part of aging and God is in control -- that's the best part, knowing who controls our lives.

ttfn

No comments: