Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just checkin' in

It's been a few days since I last posted anything on my BLOGs. I am okay, for those of you who care, and I know there are a few of you out there.

I have been in "sleep mode" for the past few days. Meaning that I sleep and sleep and sleep, all day long and all night long. I think "sleep mode" is over for a few days, though, since I'm wide awake and it's just about 5 a.m. Seems I do my best thinking at night, then I get up because I've had a bright idea and by the time I walk to the front of the house to get on my computer I forget what I thought was such a wonderful idea for a post.

No such wonderful thoughts for today, though. Just wide awake.

I'm feeling well, walking okay, cooking poor dinners (last night we had hot dogs and mac and cheese -- from the blue box -- spiked). Tonight, I hope to make a delicious meal of something, don't know what yet. The possibilities are endless I suppose. We did have delicious ravioli the other night. Great sauce for the four-cheese ravioli. And no, while I made the sauce (gravy) I didn't make the ravioli. I bought them in the speciality department at Krogers.

I think I mentioned that I have one tree up. Today is the day! Today I get out the snowmen. It's supposed to snow tomorrow, so I suppose it's time to get them out. Poor Alan, he'll hate it.

I think I'll put them on the porch this year. I decided not to light up the back since no one can see it except me and my neighbor to the north. I think I'll just put the snowmen out there, at least most of them. Some, I must have inside. And then I have the one tree for the front window, facing the street, and the other tree will be in the back in the living room.

Yes, my living room is in the back of the house. It's big enough for several trees and I usually put at least four trees in the room -- of course three of them are only 3 feet high. The other one is a charlie brown tree, six feet tall, which I love. I have a ten foot ceiling in my living room, so I could have a gigantic tree, I suppose, but I do love my Charlie Brown tree. I need to take a picture of it.

This weekend will be special for me and my grandson, David. He's coming over to bake with me. I've printed out several recipes for him to follow. We'll make two pies each (he can take home a pumpkin pie and an apple pie), and we'll make some chocolate chip cookies, some macaroons, and some fruit cake cookies, a family favorite.

So, now I can stop rambling for the time being. But I'll probably be very busy this weekend with the community Thanksgiving dinner and my dear grandson.

ttfn

No comments: