Monday, July 5, 2010

Where did June go?

It's July! Actually, it's already July 5th. Where did June go? I think I slept through the entire month. Seriously.

New meds. All I do is sleep. I'm pushing here to write coherently. My eyes are heavy, and I'm trying really hard to keep them open. Focusing is difficult.

New meds. No more pain. Six days, I have slept. No peas in the mattress. What a relief. But...I am sleeping all the time.

I feel asleep with the light on, my glasses on, and the Kindle on my chest. Alan came in a removed the Kindle, took off my glasses, and turned off the light. This was at about 4 a.m. I didn't feel a thing, nor did I realize he was in the room. I'm sleeping very deeply, it seems.

My sister called yesterday, and I didn't hear the phone, which was right by my ear. Deep sleep. That is so unlike me. I'm not a heavy sleeper. Usually, I barely skim the surface between sleep and non-sleep. But this new medicine.

All I have to do is sit in a chair to read or watch TV, and I'm out like a light. Or if I move to the bed to get comfortable, as soon as I hit the pillow, I'm asleep.

I'm wondering how long it will take for me to become accustomed to the new meds. The doctor wants me to try them for 30 days and then we'll discuss whether I should continue taking them.

I am very pleased about the NO PAIN effect, but not pleased about sleeping my life away.

Regarding the Fourth of July. Alan and I spent a quiet day at home. I went out on the deck around 9:30 p.m. and watched six different fireworks displays. That was fun. The trees are taller this year, so a couple were barely visible. I used to be able to see more than I could see this year, but since the trees have grown, I don't see as many as before. Well, I guess six is enough, don't you agree?

ttfn

1 comment:

Rose said...

Now it's August and I'm wondering where it all went! But, glad knowing the cooler weather is on the way. As for what you described- I'm going through that same thing and I'm not on any meds. I can't seem to get through two pages of a book or 10 minutes of a show without conking out. I am blaming the heat and the puppies. :-) I am glad that it's gotten better for you since then.
Love you bunches!!!!