Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nothing new

Nothing new here at the Hahn House. I went to the doctor yesterday for a check-in regarding the new fibro meds. I have to say I haven't felt so pain free for years. I can even get out of the pool without suffering (in the knees). I did tell the doctor that I was tending to sleep 24/7 and she said the meds were supposed to work just the opposite. I told her I am probably the only person in the world who wakes up using Benedryl. What does that tell you? She laughed.

Actually the sleeping is really not as prominent as it had been. I'm down to about 12/24 now, which I can handle.

I exhausted myself today but that was mostly because of the weather. I went down to swim this morning and spent about 2 hours in the pool (not swimming that whole time, but in the water). So, while I wasn't swimming the whole time, I was at least standing or walking or bending my knees or treading water.

Then I went home and told Alan I was going to the farmer's market. It was so hot there. I thought I was going to collapse, actually. I did get some wonderful tomatoes, corn, cucumbers, cantaloupe, watermelon, peppers, green beans. Enough veggies to carry me through the early part of the week. I'll head back there again on Friday.

Alan is still walking great, as am I. No canes. No walkers.

I have to say that I was prepared for a lot of pain when I went up the last step out of the pool because it is higher than all the others. But there was none. Nada. Zero. I was amazed, and so thankful. I guess the new meds are working on my arthritis as well as the fibromyalgia. Or maybe it's all those FRESH fruits and veggies I'm eating now.

ttfn

2 comments:

Lori said...

Soooo glad the meds are working! And, glad to hear the sleep thing has leveled off some. Good news all around!

Rose said...

:-) Glad you are feeling better!