Friday, July 15, 2011

my life

Well, I had a lumbar epidural steroidal injection (in the spine) to relief the horrible pain I've been having for 6 weeks caused by my sciatic nerve being out of whack. I had 36 hours of relief then the pain came back again. It's not as bad as it was on the day I received the injection, but it is bad enough that I don't want to do much.

I thank God, though, for the few hours of non-sleeping time during which I enjoyed walking FAST.

Today I'm heading out the farmer's market at Lunken Airport. That's a smallish airport near where we used to live on the east side of Cincinnati. There has been a farmer's market there every summer for at least 37 years -- as long as we've been out here.

Today I shall certainly buy tomatoes and peaches. Hopefully some cucumbers, and maybe some early corn. Melons -- Indiana Melons -- like a cantaloupe but bigger and sweeter.

I have started several exercises that are supposed to relieve the pain of the sciatic nerve flareup. I hope it works. So far--I'm waiting.

I had a bad spell last night. Poor Alan. I am so discouraged about my immobility after several hours of enjoying walking again. So he did something or said something that annoyed me, and I yelled at him -- just exploded and I don't even remember what I said or what it was about. But I do remember saying after the screaming and yelling: "At least there's something I can do, and I do it well."

TTFN

No comments: