Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

I have never really liked Valentine's day. My husband hasn't been enamored with that holiday either and more often than not didn't participate. I.e., he didn't get me a card or gift.

This year, for some reason, he did. He bought me a beautiful rose bouquet and the roses actually smell like roses. I was surprised because we had discussed getting me a Vermont Teddy Bear -- the one with the boxer shorts. That's another story. But the bouquet is beautiful and the whole living room smells like roses. I love it.

Has anyone else out there noticed that roses don't often smell like roses and lilies don't smell like lilies, and other flowers have no odor at all? Why is that, do you suppose? I think it's because they force the plants to bloom rather than waiting for God's timing. Just my own thought.

I really writing this BLOG today to let my family know that I'm okay and Alan's okay. The last couple of weeks have been really dull and painful for me, which means I'm in bed most of the time. HOWEVER....ta-dah! I have discovered Icy-Hots.

When I went to the doctor last week she said her mom, who is slightly older than I, uses them for her arthritis and they have been very helpful to her. So, I tried them. First on the knee. No result. But on the shoulder the Icy-Hots work great.

Then throughout the past night when I was supposed to be sleeping, I was in pain. My right knee, which is my worst knee, just wouldn't cooperate and so I thought, why not put an Icy-Hot on the back side which is where the pain was (not the front side where the pain is usually). Well, it worked. Yes, it did. I'm so excited.

So, I'm off to Walgreen's to pick up some more Icy-Hots. They are expensive. Like $1.50 each. And they stink -- well they smell like Vicks Vaporub. Not a smell I'm fond of. But hey, if they work, I'll just smell like Vicks all the time.

If any of you hear of a sale on Icy-Hots, let me know. Or if you see any coupons anywhere, let me know.

ttfn

No comments: