Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Birthday #2

Today is my oldest grandchild's birthday. Happy birthday Shandon.
Alan and I went over to visit with Shandon, and the rest of the family. We didn't stay real long, but it sure was nice to see the grandchildren -- 6 of them -- again. The baby, Jack, is very shy, but today he let me get close and actually touch him. I even got him to giggle. Wow!
Ellie ran up to her grandfather and gave him a great, big hug. That made Alan's day. I got and gave hugs to the birthday boys (I finally got Jonah's gift to him, two weeks late). And I got hugs from Toria and Adam. I love grandchildren hugs. They don't hurt, not even the big one from Shandon.
It was quite chilly outdoors, and it was snowing most of the time we were out and about. Af, ter the rain yesterday washed most of the snow away, now we've got another covering. We still have mounds of snow all over our property, just to make sure I remember that it's still winter. Well, the darkness reminds me of that fact. I don't need any more cold or snow to remind me.
We also went to see The King's Speech. I enjoyed the movie very much, but I had seen something similar on PBS a couple of years ago, so the subject matter wasn't new to me. I did enjoy it, though, and so did Alan. Next week maybe we'll go see, True Grit, the remake. I don't know if it will compare favorably with the original one with John Wayne. I mean, how can someone else play Rooster Cogburn? I'm told by my children that have seen it, and by other folks that it's really good. However, these folks have never seen the one with John Wayne. In fact, the younger ones asked, "Who?"
And, of course, I forgot my camera!
ttfn

No comments: