Sunday, February 20, 2011

A burst of snow

Well, what can I say? We have had a spurt of warmish weather here in N. KY the past few days. Yesterday was a light-weight sweater weather, around 60 degrees. And then...

This morning I was getting into the shower and I looked out the window and I thought, hmmm, the roof next door is awful white. And then I looked closer and it was snowing...again. I couldn't believe it. There was no snow in the forecast. In fact, the weather was supposed to be warmish again today. I think it finally reached a chilly 40 degrees. So where did that burst of snow, which covered the grassy area in our little community, as well as the roofs and cars with about 1/2 inch of that white and fluffy cold stuff come from?

I haven't a clue, but thought I'd mention it since I've read so many BLOGs over the weekend that were praising the fact that the weather was getting warm and the snow was no longer around.

I hope today's burst was the last of the season, although I do recall an April 1st four-incher in Cincinnati on opening day in 1976. Or was in it in 1977? Somewhere in that decade. It had to have been after 1975 because that's when we moved out here.

So, I'm waiting for April 15 or so to announce that yes, the snow is finally out of here for another winter. If it happens sooner than that, goody. If not? I'm prepared.

ttfn

1 comment:

The Lady of the Holler said...

Keep hope alive, Jude -- spring is on its way! :o)