Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Smoky Mountains

We're heading for a few days in the Smoky Mountains and I hope it's prettier there than it is here. Our trees are just turning brown. I suppose it's because we have had very little rain since June.

I am not going alone. My cousin, Betty, is coming with us, and my sister is going to join us.

While I'm gone I have someone in the house. I'm so glad to have this person "house sit" for me. And this time, I am going to pay her to organize my attic and clean out my fridge.

So, after a day with a stomach flu (yesterday) I am packing my kitchen pack, which sorely needed an update. And I have a liquor box with dividers in which to pack the canned goods I'm bringing with us. It's also a good place to put the coffee mugs. This way the cans won't get all over the trunk and the jars won't break, and the EVOO won't leak, and the open pickle jar won't trickle its juices all over the trunk.

I'm also finishing up all laundry and turning off the water to the washing machine. I always do that if I'm going to be gone, even if it's only for a few days.

We are having such beautiful weather here and I hope the weather where we're going is just as nice. The resort seems to be very nice, but pictures and descriptions can often be deceiving -- I remember the place we went in the Poconos recently.

Well, I may post something from the resort since they do have WiFi in the condos. And just in case their server is down -- which happens often when I go to a place that promises WiFi -- I'm taking my G3 stick with me.

So, folks, that's a ttfn. I'll write when I get around to it

No comments: