Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Early morning meanderings

I'm not sure meanderings is the correct word, but my mind is wandering over many things this morning (it's 4:30 am).

I'm wondering why I slept for almost 36 hours straight. I fell asleep in Monday afternoon, slept for 3 hours, got up and made dinner, went back to bed about an hour later, and fell right back to sleep. I got up yesterday at 11:30 a.m., only because I finally woke up and felt I needed to get up, but no sooner did I get up and try to do what I normally do in the morning (take my meds, read the Bible), I fell asleep in the chair, so I figured, I might as well go back to bed, beside we were getting ready for a storm and I love laying in bed during a storm. I tried to read, but fell asleep, dropped my Kindle, and missed the whole storm event.

I woke up around 2:30 -- the phone rang -- and I got up again -- got Alan something to eat -- and went back to bed. Just too tired to do anything else. I promptly fell back to sleep. Arose again at 7:00 p.m. Made dinner and was back to bed AND ASLEEP by 8:30, at least I think it was 8:30, I missed most of The Biggest Loser, so haven't a clue what happened there. Woke up around 11 p.m., turned off the TV and light, and went back to sleep until 3:30 this morning. WOW!.

I hope I'm up for good at least long enough to take us to the swimming pool, the DMV, and other errands we have on our list. Alan's been kinda under the weather as well. So, I'm wondering if something is going around. Has sleeping sickness attacked Cold Spring? Or is it just something in our home?

It's funny when I'm sleepy and reading, I make up the story and read words that aren't there. Does anyone else do that? I'm reading another Karen Kingsbury book (Rejoice) and yesterday as I was reading, I was putting words in the text that weren't there, nor did they make sense to be there, but I could see those words on the page just as clearly as, or perhaps more clearly than, the actual words on the page.

Oh yeah, the doctor called. My kidneys are fine, just a little small. I told her that was because I'm a small person under all this girth. She laughed. So, that's one perceived problem I don't have to worry about. You know, the doctor always gives you worst case scenario, and she really did give it to me: "You might need to go on dialysis." Yeah, like we all like to hear that, don't we? I've had lower than normal kidney function for over 15 years (since my doctors been testing for that) and it's always the same "lower than normal" number. We move on, and pray all stays as it is and doesn't get worse.

Uh-oh, I'm yawning. Does that mean another round of sleepy time? Coffee isn't helping. Maybe another cup?

For those who like Runnemede Remembered Recipes I put up another recipe this morning.

ttfn

No comments: