Saturday, October 23, 2010

Home

I can't believe we've been home a whole week and I haven't BLOGged. (Is BLOGged a verb?)

We had a wonderful trip home. No traffic hang-ups, just a few turnarounds because Ms. Garmin wasn't connected. After a couple of wrong turns, it was decided that she needed to be hooked up so we could get home eventually. I knew I had to head North, so we didn't get too lost.

After getting home, I fell AGAIN. Or maybe I passed out. I don't know. All I know is that I was putting the trunk lid down and fell down while doing that -- in the driveway -- on the concrete -- banged my head, but didn't hurt anything else, at least not obviously.

Went to the doctor on Wednesday and found out that my kidney function is lacking -- whatever that means, so had to get an ultra-sound of my kidneys the next day. Results? Don't know yet. I'm not concerned about it, but it does explain my lack of energy.

Then, that night, I almost fell again, but caught myself and in doing so, I hurt my back. Interesting -- when I fall I don't get hurt, but when I don't actually fall, I do get hurt. Hmmm.
I'm glad my phys ed teacher at Triton High School taught me how to fall. I still fall the same way I was taught. Sort of a roll.


The falling part? Well, the next doctor to visit is at the balance center to evaluate my brain, I suppose, to find out why I'm falling. I think it's pill related. But what do I not take? I stopped taking the cholesterol meds and my bad cholesterol shot way up. The good cholesterol is still very good. I don't understand the difference between the two. But am now on a different medication for high bad cholesterol. The only difference I notice after taking that for a couple of days is that I'm sick to my stomach all the time. So, I'm not eating.

That's a good thing, I suppose. After all fasting is Biblical, right? Of course, I'm not being Biblical with the fasting I'm doing, just not eating because of the upset stomach, not to get closer to my Lord. There's something wrong in that last statement. I want to be close to the Lord, and I know there are ways to do that, other than fasting. Like praying without ceasing.

I have a very long prayer list and it gets longer every day, but I don't mind. It gives me something to do while I'm waiting for my meds to kick in. It also gives me something to do in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.

God has been so good to me and Alan. And I thank Him for the blessing of the trip we were able to take. The blessing of spending time with family members I don't see very often. The blessing of supplying all the funds necessary to take the trip. And many other blessings along the way.

I guess that's a ttfn. Be back later.

ttfn

No comments: