Wednesday, August 11, 2010

We're having a heat wave

Boy is it hot! I don't recall a summer this warm in the 37 years we've lived in this part of the country. And I don't recall a summer this humid. Hazy, Hot, and Humid are not three things we often suffer through around here.

I suppose the summer we went out west and enjoyed a humidity-less 110 degrees in Arizona and Wyoming was similar here in N. KY, but we weren't here, so I don't know.

I got into the car yesterday. It was 97 degrees outside. The inside temp of the car was awful, and so I didn't touch anything until the A/C had cooled off the steering wheel and the window buttons. Then I opened up the windows and waited for the A/C to get to it's 70 degrees of coolness.

I'm so grateful that the home A/C is working and that we got it fixed several weeks ago. I just can't believe that we have had so many over 90-degree days, and so many over 100 degree days this year.

Yesterday, when I got back in the car after going to the deli and bakery, the outside temperature was already at 101, and that was at noon. I don't know how hot it actually got yesterday because I just stayed indoors.

Now, about Cyndi. I talked to her this a.m. and she has put off some of the tests they wanted to put her through for a while. She said she was "tested out" and would go back at it after she got the children settled at Calvary Christian, got all her school supplies purchased, clothes gathered, etc. She's looking forward to having only two children at home this year. No home schooling this year.

I was going to go down to the pool at 9 a.m., but the temp was already in the 80s and breathing was not fun. I do have a problem breathing when the humidity is so high.

Both Alan and I are getting our hair clipped this afternoon, then we're heading out to Walmart so Alan can get the ammo he needs for his gun-permit-carrying class on Saturday. I'm not sure I want this to happen, but he's determined. I don't think he'll do well on the target practice since his eyes are so poor. He may not pass to get the carry permit. I haven't mentioned this to him.

His eyes are getting progressively worse. He's now reading three words at a time on his Kindle. The biggest print they have is what he uses. And he can't read anything on the TV, let alone see it. I think we need to get back to the eye doctor before his three months' time is up. I did mention that to Alan, but he wasn't real receptive to my nudge.

Well, I'll quit bragging, complaining, talking, etc., for today. I'm off to get my hair cut and then sit in the heat and wait for Alan to get his ammo at Walmart's. Yuck!

ttfn

No comments: