Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cherries

Well, the cherries seem to be helping me with arthritis pain. At least I'm crediting the cherries with the less-pain-in-the-knees days I've been having.

However, I have been feeling kinda punk at times. All of a sudden I feel like I've been drained of all blood. I don't ache or hurt anywhere I just feel drained and have to sit down.

Yesterday I was supposed to pick up my grandchildren (Rosie and David) for a swim, but just couldn't. And I was supposed to go to Macy's to take advantage of their back-to-school savings sale and get some clothing for Phil's children. Just couldn't do it.

I'm heading out early this morning, though, to Macy's, to do that shopping. I hope I get there before the rush. I don't like to shop in crowds.

Seems I fell asleep (again) last night with the TV on and the light on. Hmmm. I woke up momentarily and told Alan I was awake, and he then informed me that I had been sleeping and he had turned off the TV. I'm glad he did that because I know if I had waked up and found the TV on,. I would have had trouble getting back to sleep. As it was, I zonked out right away again. I'm thinking I fell asleep around 8:30 p.m. I got up at 5:30 a.m. and went right to my computer to catch up on e-mails, etc.

My friend, a bridesmaid of mine, Dawn Anderson went to be with the Lord yesterday. I saw her and spent a bit of time with her when I went home to Runnemede. Obviously, not enough time. If I had know that in three months she would be gone from this earth, I would have taken more time with her. As it was I was flitting from person to person.

I regret that on that trip I didn't take more time with many of the people that I grew up with. I feel bad that I was "flitting", but I wanted to see everyone and at least say "Hello" to each and every person who was at the service and then at the dinner.

So, I'm getting myself ready to go to Macy's. I just hope my knees hold up. I've been neglecting my walker for about a week now and so I'm prepared for this trip.

ttfn

1 comment:

Rose said...

we're so sorry to hear about your friend. :-(
Thanks for the advice about cherries- we'll be trying that soon. We hope you both are well!
love you so-
Rose and Dakota