Tuesday, April 9, 2013

It's a sign.

I realized yesterday as I was trying to decide what to do with my hair and getting input from my hair stylist, that having my hair done up like I had it when I was 18 including that color, wasn't going to do any good as far as making me look like I was 18.  We were progressing toward a more "subtle" color, talking about a "golden color" and because I have 70-year-old ears and haven't gotten an "ear horn", I thought we were talking about "olden color."

I also realized that I would look 70 even though I put my "age 69" make-up on to make me look 69.  No longer do I look 69.  I noticed that the wrinkles are deeper and more are showing themselves every day.  No matter how many tightening creams I purchase and use, the wrinkles are still there increased at warp-10 speed -- whatever warp-10 speed is.  I just made that up and it means really, really fast.

Next topic:

I had 12 days of no pain at all.  I could walk and I could walk at a pretty fast gait.  At least I was faster than my husband, which I haven't been for quite some time.  I could bend over.  I could empty and fill the dishwasher without grunting or making loud noises because I hurt.

Then I twisted my body the wrong way without realizing I had done so, and now my hip bone no longer feels like it's connected to the thigh bone or any other bone for that matter.  I feels like it's trying to get through my skin.  Unpleasant, to say the least.

Next topic:

 I am enjoying the weather -- warm but not humid.  The aviary is active again.  Lots and lots of birds flitting from branch to branch and tree to tree.  This year we have a bird's nest in our front door light fixture.  No wonder the dog has been barking at odd times! 

I also noticed that the grass is green again.  We have no daffodils or tulips yet, and I haven't seen any blooming forsythia nor tree buds.  And, I'm wondering if this hot/cold/hot/cold weather had done something to stop the buds from presenting themselves.

Well, Spring is coming and I am looking forward to the flowers of spring.  Spring flowers -- golden.

I love this time of year!

ttfn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dogwood tree in our backyard is blooming and looks so pretty. We have one lone daffodil in the front yard and it isn't doing too well.
--Amy