Friday, March 15, 2013

Update

I titled this "Update" because I couldn't think of anything else to call it.

I am a member of our community's Board, and I had my first Board meeting on Tuesday.  All went well, but I signed up for two projects that are probably going to required a bit of my time.  Oh, well.  I need something else to do. NOT.  At least they are mostly sit-down chores which I can do without pain.

Doxi takes up a lot of my time. Trying to potty train her is a hassle, and keeping her from biting is a big pain as well.  Between yesterday and today, she has bit through TWO, wires -- one is the plug to my Amazon Fire, and the other was a plug to the phone charger.  I can order a new wire for the Fire, and fortunately we had an extra plug for our phone. 

We have bought some spray to keep her in only certain parts of our house.  It seems to be working, but Alan hasn't been willing to tighten up the area she's permitted to roam.

Another update on Doxi -- she is getting big, even though she is the size of a cat, she has probably doubled in size since we got her.  She's supposed to be a small dog, but she's getting bigger all the time.  How long does it take for a puppy to get to its full size?  Six months?  One Year? 

I've had a bad sciatic nerve week, but my knees are still doing so very well, and I love that they are.  Once I get past the sciatic pain upon rising from sleeping or sitting, I can do pretty well, Then when I have to bend forward, I hurt really bad again.  Those of you with sciatic pain know what I'm talking about.

Alan and I have had so many "appointments" this week.  I find all this running around very tiring.  Is it my age or is it the activity?  How I wish we could eliminate some of the doctor's appointments, but we can't.  Alan's visit to the oncologist was this week.  We almost missed it.  Everything is still fine..
We're coming up on remission of 14 years for multiple myeloma (bone marrow cancer).  Praise the Lord!  I guess all the running around is worth it after all.

ttfn

No comments: