Monday, March 4, 2013

The takeover

Can you guess who is the most gullible person in the world?  That would be me.

My husband, for 10 years, has wanted a dog, or rather a puppy HE could train; a puppy HE could feed, a puppy HE could clean up after; a puppy HE could walk no matter the weather.  Finally, after 10 years of his saying so, I believed him.  Not so.

 
So gullible me is now stuck (sorry Richie) with a puppy that has really grown on me in the past month.  She is about twice as big as she was when we brought her home.  She bites a lot.  She "kisses" a lot (licks).

My children are amazed that I even touch the dog.  While I do like dogs a lot, I like them better in someone else's home than mine.  At least I used to.

Doxi is cute as can be.  My grandchildren had a lot of fun with her this weekend.  Doxi was pleased as punch to have more than two people to run to.  And run she did.  From one person to another, then around the house.  We have an open-concept home so she was having a ball. 

My children reminded me that one rule of the house was "no running in the house" and didn't that apply to a dog?  It used to. 

I just want you all to know that having a baby puppy is like having a baby:  fun to cuddle, lots of poop to clean up; there is an exception, however, this baby sleeps through the night!

ttfn

1 comment:

Mary E. Stephens said...

Hehe. I'm glad she's growing on you. We had a neighbor in Tenn. who had some serious health issues she was still recovering from when we moved there. She got a puppy at some point and I sometimes think that little guy saved her life - at least her sanity. She had to take him out to walk him, clean up after him, etc. - in short be active. Then she fenced her yard for him. Well, that led to her planting a lot more flowers and shrubs around her house because then the deer no longer came up to house. Plus she could be outside with him. And, of course, that made her even more active. So, altogether, I think the Lord allowed her to get that dog because it really brought her back to life. :-) He was a dachshund too. ;-)