Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A little late -- Family Christmas party

Read this part last......
This is Rachel with her Ariel doll. She loved it. Does she look happy?
Read this next to last ......

Annie wanted Lincoln Logs. I recall loving to play with my brother's logs when I was a girl. I loved building houses.



Read this FIRST ..... and continue until you see the memo at the bottom to go to the top.
Our annual party was held on Sunday, January 2. We had to schedule around the work schedules of the adults this year.




My son, Phil, pictured here, is smiling. Why is he smiling? Because he has a job that he loves. That's why he's smiling! Also, he just received a gift certificate to Amazon books. He loves books. But he doesn't have a Kindle. A Kindle would certain say him space in his tiny house.


Daniel Ford (Becky's son) just posing, I guess. I have to admit that I didn't take the pictures this year, one of the children did. I also didn't do any editing this year, either. I'm assuming this is just after Dan received his gift, but I'm not sure, because whatever he's holding is hidden.


A group picture. I have the children gather around before we read the account of Jesus' birth from Luke 2. You'll notice that in the center of the picture Rachel is posing. Rachel is always posing. She's a cutie. After I read the account of Christ's birth, I had several games for the children to play. Of course there were lots of prizes. I don't remember which Ford won the money game, but it was definitely a Ford who won. The children sure did put down low amounts this year. There was $18.01 in the coin jar this year. Not bad for only collecting for three months. I didn't get started early in the year keeping change in a can for the coin game, the amount it ususally three times that amount. Maybe next year.



This is a pre-party game of Euchre. Dan really likes this game, as do most of the children, and pop-pop loves it. In fact, Alan (Pop-pop) plays with the community Euchre players each month. He usually loses. This particular day he won. I guess he needs to take some of his grandchildren to the Euchre games with him each month. Odds are he might do better than last.




Grace, Dan, and daddy Quinn (Ford) along with Solomon playing Euchre. We had two tables going.


Okay, now go to the top and read about the first two pictures. I haven't figured out how to put a second grouping into the mix in the order in which I want them to be.


We had a really good time. And Memom (that's me) had a really good, relaxing time as well because I had my friend Tamara serving, making sure the plates were filled, cleaning up, and that the children with sodas sat on the kitchen/dining room floor and not on the carpet -- not that my carpet is that great, but it has to do for a few more years. Anyway, I didn't have to do a thing but enjoy, which was a big plus as far as I was concerned.
Until next year.
TTFN (Christmas)

No comments: