Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Recoup

It's been a very busy several days. I was so blessed to have Rose and Rachel (Phil's girls) stay with me for a couple of days. I was exhausted, and so were they!

We did so much. First was the hair cuts. And while they were getting their hair cuts we watched a "tornado watch/warning" type storm race through our area. When we arrived at the shop the weather was sunny, but then it clouded up really fast, and the clouds were upside down and green, which usually signals tornado. I kept an eye on the sky while Rose was getting her hair cut. Drat! I forgot my camera. So, once again, no pictures. Just have to say, though, that both girls looks so cute after their cuts.

Then we went to lunch at Applebee's. It was freezing cold in there, and finally when we were getting ready to leave, they turned the air conditioner up a little bit. The girls loved eating at something other than McD's and they both had worn really cute dresses (at my request) for our day out.

Then we went to see Toy Story 3. What a good movie. I loved it. The girls loved it. Alan slept through most of it. How anyone could sleep through that movie is beyond me, but sleep (and snore) he did!

After that we came back home and went swimming. The girls loved swimming in the pool. By that time all the storms were out of the way, and they had the pool all to themselves. They just loved it. Rose is quite a good swimmer. Rachel tries.

Then we had dinner -- grilled chesse (since the girls really had a dinner at Applebee's) and for dessert Bob Evan's strawberry cheese pie. That pie is so good, I could eat a whole one in one sitting. At least I think I could. I've never tried. All I know is when I eat a slice I want another one.

Off to bed, almost. Pajama party time! We watched Enchanted Ella, which neither girl had seen before, and they enjoyed that. THEN it was bedtime, and both girls were soon asleep as was their grandmother.

waking up to clouds, we were a little bummed. But it cleared up around 10:30 and we went down to the pool for a couple of hours. Then we went to McD's for lunch, while pop-pop had his physical therapy. The therapist told me that his muscle strength is twice what it was when he started. This is a good thing. As long as medicare pays for it, he will continue getting the therapy, which he doesn't seem to be motivated to do on his own at home. And this nagging wife refuses to nag him to do his exercises. I don't need that stress, nor do I need for him to hate me for reminding him 10 times a day to do his exercises.

I took the girls home after the exercise session, and after we spent a couple of hours at Dollar Tree. They always enjoy having some spending money in that store.

I think they were happy to get home to their mom. Dad is in North Carolina this week, learning more computer stuff, and hopefully finding a job.

I slept until 4 o'clock this afternoon. Can you believe that? That's how worn out I was!


ttfn

No comments: