Saturday, August 24, 2013

Conglomeration

I cannot believe that summer is almost over.  How do I know this?  I feel like a blanket is being thrown over me.  In the morning and in the evening the light from the sun is diminished.  I don't like the dark of the coming days.  I do love the weather, though.

We've had a coolish summer, except for a few days in early July, and now in late August.  It is always hot when we close the pool and have those last couple of days of pool weather.

I cannot believe that the leaves on the trees are already changing and some are even red! 

Well, Alan is getting better every day.

I have been walking a bit.  And in therapy I am now using a tread mill.  It's the first I've used it in this series of back therapy exercises.  I'm walking further with each trip and I am still feeling quit well, pain wise.  Oh, I still have days, but mostly I am pretty good.  Now, it's time to work on balance so I don't fall so often.

I fell a couple of weeks ago.  Twice in two days.  The first fall was in front of my beautician's shop.  I knew I was going to fall.  I had to cross (on foot) one of those speed bumps, and I just knew that I wasn't going to make it.  I even stopped to figure out the best way to cross the bump.  Well, I figured wrong and fell on my right side. 

The second fall was flat on my knees, rather than on my side.  My left knee hurt pretty bad and it clunked when I walked so I went to the surgeon who had replaced my knees and all is well.  No fractures or anything.  The knees are still the way they are supposed to be and the knee-cap is still where it's supposed to be.  I'm told that's the most important thing -- having the kneecap in place.

So now I'm getting ready to walk the puppy who is almost a dog. The past six months have gone so fast.  An almost nine-month-old pup is almost a dog, right?  She's still pretty small -- about the size of a large cat.  She still cute.  And she is still chewing everything in sight.  She can tear apart a rubber toy in 15 minutes and a cloth toy can be unstuffed in five minutes.  She is, however, passing a new obedience test every day and she is FINALLY potty-trained.

I finally got her a real bone to chew on.  Today she doesn't want to chew on anything else.  Yeah!

Well, I'm going to walk her now.  Good-by until next time.

ttfn



No comments: