Monday, April 11, 2011

Facebook versus BLOGging

Okay, so I now have four BLOGs. My favorite is, of course, Runnemede Remembered. This BLOG is about my ups and downs as I age not so gracefully. Then there's my recipe BLOG and now my newest which is detailing Alan's journey from life to near death back life again, a.k.a. Multeple Myeloma (bone marrow cancer). And wouldn't you know, I can't remember the link for the newest BLOG. I'll post it some time soon. Wait for it..... So, I'm thinking about all the BLOGs I try to read and how in the past couple of years since Facebook has gotten so popular, more and more people are putting one or two sentences on Facebook instead of their "Hi, this is all about me" BLOGs. So, if I skip a couple of days of Facebook I don't get their message, but I can skip several days of BLOGs and still go back and get their messages without scrolling down 300 pages to find out what's going on in my friends' lives. Just thought I'd mention this. I'm as much at fault as my fellow-BLOGgers who are on Facebook, and I do apologize. I know some of you don't ever get on Facebook so you miss so much of my life -- not that there's a lot more to know about than what I put on my BLOGs. However, I am not BLOGging as much as I used to on any of the BLOGs, and I am not Facebooking (new verb?) as much as I used to either. I am at a stage of my life where I have other things to do and computer pecking isn't one of them. But, hang in there. I am really, really trying to get at least something up each week as an update and a notice to you all that "Hey, I'm still alive and well -- well, being the definitive word." Must be well so you can know that I'm also alive! I will be offline for a couple of weeks. Alan and I will be going on a trip to Bermuda for a second honeymoon, sort of. I was able, once again, to find someone to "house sit" for me while we're away. Their names are -- well, never mind, you don't need to know, just know that they are armed and dangerous, and I mean that truthfully. I love them to bits, but they can handle an ironstone frying pan like Rapunzel in the new cartoon. I kid you not. Be back talking to you maybe tomorrow or later this week, and then I'm off for a few days, then back again. We're not taking any computer with us this time, just a cell phone and our Kindles. The phone only works in Bermuda, not while we're in the TRIANGLE. So, folks, that's ttfn.

No comments: