Friday, May 30, 2008

The Fat Lady Sings

I decided that I needed to journal and since I hate handwriting in a book, this was the best way to accomplish this task.

I'm getting near the end of my life -- not that I have a terminal disease or anything like that -- it's just that I AM 65 and according to the pundits, that means I am elderly and on my last legs.

I wish I had legs that would last. My legs are horrible. They hurt all the time. Day in and day out, night and day. It's almost intolerable at times.

The bad knees/legs causes me to not be able to do a lot of things I would like to do, like, take today for instance. I was supposed to go out to Becky's to a Home School Final Ceremony. The grandchildren all had projects they entered for ribbons in this event. Because my legs hurt so much, I cancelled.

Tomorrow, is Matthew's birthday -- he'll be three. There's a party. I have purchased his gift -- a Black and Decker toy tool set. Apparently, he's not into tools. And I got Adam's birthday gift. His birthday is in one month -- July 2. I already gave Gracie her gift -- a sticker maker -- she loved it. -- and I have purchased Toria's gift. So, I'm covered for birthday gifts until David's in late August.

I'll be back later in the day, but for now, I'm quitting.

One more thing. This has nothing to do with singing. The expression "It's not over until the fat lady sing" was made famous by Yogi Berra -- catcher extraordinaire of the Yankees. This fat lady is singing and may be singing for a while because time is running out and I know it.

No comments: