Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Vacation -- part II

I say, part II, because I posted to Runnemede Remembered a tome about distant vacations.

Soon, Alan and I will be taking one of our 2012 vacations.  We're going to head out west (again) and we're praying we won't encounter the awful health problems we encountered last time.  As a reminder, Alan had shingles really bad, and we didn't even know what it was.  Because it was so hot I thought it was prickly heat.  Eventually, Alan decided to go to a hospital and get it looked at.  He was given some meds to lower the pain he was suffering and we moved on to our next stop, where I wrenched my knee.  I had been walking really well until I foolishly turned my body around 180 degrees, but left my knee in its original position.  Then to make matters worse, Alan ended up in the hospital for a week after he collapsed twice at the Grand Canyon.  After the second collapse we both consented to his being sent to a hospital.  After two weeks with friends in  Cody, WY, where Alan suffered quietly, we headed home. 

This time we're hoping to visit Hannibal, MO; Estes Park, CO; Pagosa Springs, CO; Mesa Verde, CO; and Albuquerque, NM. 

Again, I am so fortunate to have someone to take care of the condo while we're gone. 

I might BLOG while we're on the road, but I probably won't.  I hope because I can once again walk and, oh yes, climb stairs (with the aid of a railing), I won't have time to BLOG because I'll be too busy sight seeing.

ttfn

No comments: